20 Discussions
Imminent rumors since spring. I'll believe it when invites go out.
If they price it at two thousand and the outer screen still feels fragile, I'm keeping my Pro Max.
If developers don't ship dual-pane layouts, this is just a heavy phone.
Come on.
Nah.
I just want landscape apps that don't look like stretched phone UIs.
Not surprised.
I'd rather they delay six months than ship a dust-collecting crease.
Curious how MagSafe and cases even work. Accessory market will be a circus.
Hard pass.
For productivity this could replace iPad mini. For everyone else it's a flex.
Day-one Android beating claims feel like PR. Ecosystem lock-in is what wins.
If it really starts at $2k I'm waiting for year two. First gen foldables always get the crease tax.
Calling it Duo instead of Ultra makes more sense. Ultra already means Watch energy.
Facts.
People compare this to Samsung like Apple needs to catch up. Different game. Apple ships later, charges more, wins on continuity. Risk isn't Reddit mocking a crease — it's whether apps get real dual-pane layouts or just stretched phone UIs forever.
No shot.
October next to a normal iPhone cycle would be chaos. Either soft-launch Duo or make Surprise and Shine a two-hour marathon. Supply constrained either way. Miss the first wave and you're paying grey-market markup until December.
Durability is the only review metric I trust less than lab benchmarks. I want six months of pocket lint, keys, and backpack abuse reports before I spend rent money on a foldable. Early adopters are unpaid QA. Respectfully declining that job.
Inner display brightness outdoors will decide whether this is a daily driver.